[mythtv-users] What is program.generic, first and last?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Sun May 19 19:17:06 UTC 2013

Hi Niklas,

On 19.05.2013 18:52, Niklas wrote:
> I just wrote my own program data grabber in PHP and it works just fine.
>
> I have had a hard time finding out exacly what data mythtv expects in
> the program-table.
> I still need to figure out "generic", "first" and "last". Now I just set
> all three to 0.
>
> So, do any of you know what they are used for and can I find out more in
> detail what mythfilldatabase really does?

MythTV expects you to wrap your grabber into the XMLTV calling
convention :) Or at least output in xmltv file format instead of
directly writing into the database.

"Generic" episode refers to an unknown episode of a known series.
(sometimes signaled by episode titles like "t.b.d." over here)

first and last showing of a program are automatically set by
mythfilldatabase.

Regards,
Karl