[mythtv-users] "Watching" radio channels

Bernard Giannetti thebernmeister at hotmail.com
Sun May 19 01:22:57 UTC 2013

Hi,
I have MythTV/MythBuntu 0.26 and am trying to watch radio channels.  I'm in Sydney, Australia and believe that radio channels (such as ABC/SBS) are transmitted along with their TV counterparts.
I have managed to tune in to these stations in the backend.  When I try to watch these channels, I get an "_LMS Lock" which I thought meant the channel has been found and is buffering for display.  After that, I get the error message "Error opening jump programme file" and I'm thrown back to the frontend menu.
I don't have the MythRadio plugin enabled, but when I did, I got the same error - so I don't believe this is anything to do with "internet radio".
Is it possible to "watch" these radio channels in MythTV?  Ultimately I just want to record a radio show in the same way I record TV programs.  Hopefully the radio channels also broadcast EIT information!

Thanks in advance,
Bernmeister.