[mythtv-users] All videos pause secs before their end

Richard peper03 at yahoo.com
Fri May 17 23:24:46 UTC 2013

On 16/05/13 20:06, Yianni Vidalis wrote:
> I am facing a very strange problem on one specific frontend. If I let
> any video play until the end, it enters pause 0-4 secs before end (the
> actual numbers I've noticed). Pressing "i" shows the video as paused. I
> can exit the video by pressing esc or "play", but it's annoying. No
> other frontend exhibits this behaviour.
> The system is an amd 5050e, with Nvidia 9500GT, using vdpau for playback
> and optical 5.1 sound output.
>
> Recordings are not affected.

Coincidentally, I just discovered the same problem.  It seems to be
caused by a non-initialised member variable relating to playback of MHEG
streams (e.g. BBC iPlayer).

I've added a patch to the ticket which added this functionality to
master.  I didn't create a new ticket, as the original ticket was still
open.

The patch is here:
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/10019/0001-Added-missing-initialisation-of-MHEG-member-variable.patch

I'll admit I've not investigated too much here but it seemed to cure the
problem for me.

You could try running the frontend with -v mheg and look for a line
starting '[mhi] Stream 0x' when playback pauses.

Richard.