[mythtv-users] All videos pause secs before their end

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Fri May 17 13:12:33 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 6:54 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 05/16/2013 02:06 PM, Yianni Vidalis wrote:
>
>> I am facing a very strange problem on one specific frontend. If I let any
>> video play until the end, it enters pause 0-4 secs before end (the actual
>> numbers I've noticed). Pressing "i" shows the video as paused. I can exit
>> the video by pressing esc or "play", but it's annoying. No other frontend
>> exhibits this behaviour.
>> The system is an amd 5050e, with Nvidia 9500GT, using vdpau for playback
>> and optical 5.1 sound output.
>>
>> Recordings are not affected.
>>
>> I tried so far without success:
>> Updating Nvidia drivers from 310.32 to 313.18 (same as a well behaving
>> frontend, which also has a 9500GT).
>> Using instead of Vdpau, Normal Playback or OpenGL.
>> Disabling sound upmixing to 5.1
>> Changing sound card to something random (/dev/null, /dev/dsp).
>> Using mythfrontend directly and not through mythwelcome.
>>
>> I'd appreciate any help.
>>

> Action on playback exit
>   - Just exit
>   - Save position and exit
>   - Always prompt (excluding Live TV)
>   - Always prompt (including Live TV)
>   - Prompt for Live TV only
> If set to prompt, a menu will be displayed when you exit playback mode.
> The options available will allow you to save your position, delete the
> recording, or continue watching.
>
> Change it to "Just exit" or "Save position and exit" and see if it does
> it.  If not, I'd guess you have a broken theme.
>
> Yianni mentioned that the problem occurs with Video Library playback, not
recordings, and so the end-of-playback pause related to the
PlaybackExitPrompt and EndOfRecordingExitPrompt settings should not be
coming into play.

I would do an item-by-item comparison of DB settings between a working and
broken frontend, and see if anything jumps out.  I would also look at "-v
playback" logs for clues.  BTW, what version of the code is it?

Jim