[mythtv-users] OT - TWiT Live HLS channels and MythTV

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed May 15 11:53:49 UTC 2013

On 15 May 2013 21:04, Anthony Giggins <seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:

> I must say I haven't had much luck with this bandwidth adaptation on my
> local WiFi atleast via Torc (fails back to the audio only stream almost
> 100% of the time), the same streams created by Torc will playback correctly
> via http://www.*mobilemyth*.net and never drops back to the audio only
> stream.
>
> I can confirm the HLS trancoding is not falling behind as I have enabled
> all 4 cores

but which playback client are you using?

if torc, then it's the default iOS player.

It will go down bandwidth, when the available bandwidth isn't sufficient to
stream the current one.
the myth backend only generates one video stream and one audio stream. So
if the bandwidth isn't sufficient for video, that it falls back to the
audio-only is the proper things to do.

One of the reason it's doing so is that myth marks the stream as "live"
until the whole movie is decoded.... As such, when the bandwidth is too
low, it will switch to audio rather than pause and wait for more data to
come in.

Nothing you describe sounds abnormal...