[mythtv-users] SPDIF sound drop outs

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Tue May 14 19:08:16 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 11:07 AM, John Nissley <jnissley at nissley.org> wrote:

> I am running Fedora 18 with the latest trunk version as of yesterday and
> started noticing audio drop outs on my main frontend backend combo server a
> few days ago.  I have updated the kernel but went back to a previous kernel
> and the drop outs still exists.
>
> I just wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this before I go
> through the whole troubleshooting process of running new cables ect.
>
> I have already moved the SPDIF to the second port on my amplifier but I do
> not have a second port on my computer for SPDIF.

I think I get this too but it's very brief and doesn't usually cause enough
disruption to annoy me (or more importantly, my wife). Typically I hear a
little glitch and see it on my receiver where it flashes the format of the
received digital audio as if it were a new stream. I think I've had it as
long as I've had this particular setup (Myth 0.25 on Gentoo, on whatever
the current stable kernel was around April 2012 through kernel 3.7
currently).

Karl