[mythtv-users] how to switch a channel to a different frequency?

Marco Nelissen marco.nelissen at gmail.com
Tue May 14 03:57:58 UTC 2013

I scrolled through the guide for KTVU but it just said "unknown"
everywhere, so it looks like it's not getting any data at all.
"mythfilldatabase
--dd-grab-all" didn't change that. How does it actually match up the
channels defined in mythtv with the channels I've enabled on
schedulesdirect? Is it purely by the numeric id (19571/76387), the call
sign, or something else?

One other thing I noticed was that my existing KTVU recordings are fine
before April 15, and corrupted/unwatchable after. April 15 is when I last
did a full channel scan to resolve an issue with a different channel. The
non-corrupted recordings from before that time are all prefixed with 1665_,
whereas the corrupted/unwatchable ones are prefixed with 1670_. The "other"
KTVU I configured earlier today has a prefix of 1672 it seems. Not sure
what that prefix actually means though or whether it's even relevant here.