[mythtv-users] how to switch a channel to a different frequency?

Marco Nelissen marco.nelissen at gmail.com
Tue May 14 01:27:27 UTC 2013

In the SF Bay Area, KTVU HD transmits on both 44.3 and 48.3 (44.3 from
Sutro and 48.3 from Monument Peak, per http://www.choisser.com/sfonair.html)

I recently discovered that I get pretty bad reception from 44.3 for this
channel (even though my antenna is pointed at Sutro and other channels are
OK), making The Simpsons unwatchable. 48.3 is much better, so I want to
make mythtv use that. I went into mythtv-setup and did a channel scan to
add the other channel, then deleted the old one. Then I went to
schedulesdirect, disabled the old channel and enabled the new one, and ran
mythfilldatabase.

The problem is that now when I look at the guide in mythtv, "KTVU-HD" shows
up with "Unknown (Unknown)" programming. I've tried changing the xmltvid to
both the old and the new one in mythtv-setup, but I just can seem to
actually have mythtv pick up the guide data for this channel.
Anyone using KTVU on channel 48.3 in the SF Bay Area care to share their
setup?