[mythtv-users] LIRC on Fedora 18 (I realise slightly off list topic)
Another Sillyname
anothersname at googlemail.com
Sun May 12 19:16:25 UTC 2013
Guys
I'm just doing my new test build to replace my system in the lounge
and Fedora 18 (MATE desktop) has made substantial changes to both lirc
and xorg intercepting ir remotes.
I've worked out how to disable xorg getting the remote inputs by:--
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-mce_usb.conf
Section "InputClass"
Identifier "Ignore MCE_USB as Keyboard input"
MatchProduct "IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver"
MatchIsKeyboard "true"
Option "Ignore" "true"
EndSection
--------------------------------------
Your MatchProduct name may be different, see xinput to identify the
correct name.
-------------------------------------
I have also correctly identified that my input is event5 by
cat /proc/bus/input/devices
: Bus=0003 Vendor=2040 Product=9580 Version=0001
N: Name="IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver"
P: Phys=usb-0000:02:03.0-1/ir0
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:11.0/0000:02:03.0/usb1/1-1/rc/rc0/input5
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event5
B: PROP=0
B: EV=100013
B: KEY=14afc336 284284d00000000 0 480058000 219040000801
9e96c000000000 90020000000ffc
B: MSC=10
-------------------------------------------
However after reading contradictory information spread over a number
of webpages I'm not now sure what the current correct/working
structure is for.....
/etc/lirc/hardware.conf
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf
/etc/lirc/lircmd.conf
or even if all three files are still needed
Could anyone using Fedora 18 possibly post their working lirc
configuration please, I'd be very grateful as I've spent all afternoon
on this and frankly there's just too much contradictory information
out there and as a consequence I THINK MY HEAD IS GOING TO EXPLODE.
Thank You.
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list