[mythtv-users] Freeview HD (DVB-T2) Multiplex

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun May 12 17:05:29 UTC 2013

On 09/05/13 15:05, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 09/05/13 14:24, John Pilkington wrote:

>>> You didn't read the question. He says above:
>>>
>>> "whenever I scan for channels I do not see the DVB-T2 multiplex"
>>>
>>> I am suffering the same problem recently, with my local DVB-T2
>>> multiplex. Different transmitter (Hannington), different tuner (PCTV
>>> 290e). Something has changed?
>>>
>> I read the question.  I saw no dvb-t2 mux _until_ I specified qam-256
>> and 8 Mhz, and the transmitter frequency as found from the web.
>>
>> You didn't read the answer.
>>

> But I should perhaps add that I would find my procedure difficult to put
> into effect now.  Support for the 290e doesn't come in the rhel6-clone
> kernels;  initially I used the linuxtv media_build script to get it, and
> then ATrpms provided it in v4l packages based on linuxtv as of Nov 2011.
>
> Recently I haven't been able to get the media_build script to run to
> completion, and the ATrpms packages apply only to an obsolete kernel.
> So at present I don't have an HD capability on the laptop.  It would
> probably be OK on the Fedora 17 box, but mythtvsetup had difficulties in
> recognising another, SD, dvb device under the current kernel and I
> haven't tried the 290e yet.

The title of this thread is still relevant so I'll just update.  After
another failure with the media_build script, and also with rpmbuild
-rebuild with the ATrpms SRPM (with just the current sl6 kernel and no
attempt to update the specfile)  I tried the 'kernel-lt' from elrepo.
The PCTV-290e works in 0.26-fixes under that - after a second reboot.

http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-lt