[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase TimeOffset format

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Sun May 12 10:02:22 UTC 2013

On 12.05.2013 09:39, Thomas Börkel wrote:
> HI!
>
> I got a warning from the newest version of mythfilldatabase during xml
> import:
>
> "TimeOffset values other than 'Auto' are DEPRECATED and will be removed
> in 0.27 which will BREAK your guide data. Please ensure your xmltv data
> complies with the XMLTV spec and either uses GMT or specifies a valid
> offset to GMT per ISO8601"
>
> So I changed the TimeOffset value to 'Auto' in mythtv-setup.

I understand that the warning did not reappear after you changed
TimeOffet to "Auto"?

> However, the time format in my xml is not following ISO8601:
>
> <programme start="20130510051500 +0200" stop="20130510062000 +0200"
> channel="3sat.de">
>
> I highly doubt I can get my provider to change this, because it could
> break other customers' setup.
>
> Am I going to be in trouble with 0.27?
>
> 0.26 imported it correctly though.

The important part is the presence of " +0200". The xmltv spec is
mostly, but not 100%, ISO 8601.

I'm not sure which grabber it is, but:
_eu_epgdata got automatic time zone handling in June 2012 (just set it
to auto)
_ch_search got its last DST related fix to time handling in April 2012

Regards,
Karl