[mythtv-users] After Upgrade from 0.24 to 0.26 Commflag Error 140?

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Sun May 12 00:56:25 UTC 2013

On 5/11/2013 3:48 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 11/05/13 22:25, Drew Tomlinson wrote:

>>> Pretty sure if you use anything other than "mythcommflag" (or blank),
>>> you are responsible for providing /all/ of the information required
>>> for processing--including the job ID.
>>>
>>> Rather than change this setting, you're better served creating a
>>> "wrapper" script called mythcommflag that adds the additional stuff
>>> you want and passes through all the arguments received by the wrapper.
>>
>> Thank you for your reply.  You must be correct because I removed
>> everything from that line and queued a job.  And indeed, it's running.
>>
>> Sorry to be so dense but now I am at a loss as to how to create a
>> wrapper script.  I kind of get it in that I will write a script that
>> calls mythcommflag wtih my 'ionice' command in front.  But what I'm not
>> getting is how I do that and let all the other information mythcommflag
>> needs to pass through the wrapper.
>>
>> I found this but it seems to be much more that I need and don't fully
>> understand it.  However it seems that by taking this script and
>> modifying, I somehow I could not commflag newscasts as an example in
>> addition to getting my ionice command passed?  This is something I
>> wished I could do for a long time is not waste the CPU cycles
>> commflagging newscasts or sporting events.  Anyway, this is what I
>> found:
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythcommflag-wrapper
>>
>> I'd appreciate a nudge to get me on track.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Drew
>>

> This might provide the nudge.  I'm not using it now, but it used to work.
>
>  cat /usr/bin/mythpreviewgen.wrap
> #!/bin/bash
>
> # Script to reduce CPU impact of preview generation at the end of a
> recording.
> # mv /usr/bin/mythpreviewgen to /usr/bin/mythpreviewgen.real
> # copy this script to /usr/bin/mythpreviewgen and make it executable,
> # chmod 755 /usr/bin/mythpreviewgen
> # http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/492811#492811
>
> ionice -c3 nice mythpreviewgen.real  "$@"

Thank you.  That was a good nudge.  I replaced mythpreviewgen with
mythcommflag and kept my ionice settings.  And Google helped me
understand "$@".

Seems to be working as far as getting jobs started.  Some jobs still
fail with this error and the log entries seem to indicate that libav
something or other error I've seen.  Now off to search for that answer.

Cheers,

Drew

--
Like card tricks?