[mythtv-users] After Upgrade from 0.24 to 0.26 Commflag Error 140?

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Sat May 11 21:25:55 UTC 2013

On 5/9/2013 11:48 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/09/2013 01:00 PM, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
>> Update: I did some more searching and learned how to run mythcommflag
>> manually.  I can run it successfully as the mythtv user.  Thus
>> something must be off in how the backend calls mythcommflag?
>>
>> I ran mythtv-setup.  This is my "Commercial Detection Command" in the
>> general settings:
>>
>> /usr/bin/ionice -c 2 -n 7 /usr/bin/mythcommflag
>>
>> Does this need to be modified?
>
> Pretty sure if you use anything other than "mythcommflag" (or blank),
> you are responsible for providing /all/ of the information required
> for processing--including the job ID.
>
> Rather than change this setting, you're better served creating a
> "wrapper" script called mythcommflag that adds the additional stuff
> you want and passes through all the arguments received by the wrapper.

Thank you for your reply.  You must be correct because I removed
everything from that line and queued a job.  And indeed, it's running.

Sorry to be so dense but now I am at a loss as to how to create a
wrapper script.  I kind of get it in that I will write a script that
calls mythcommflag wtih my 'ionice' command in front.  But what I'm not
getting is how I do that and let all the other information mythcommflag
needs to pass through the wrapper.

I found this but it seems to be much more that I need and don't fully
understand it.  However it seems that by taking this script and
modifying, I somehow I could not commflag newscasts as an example in
addition to getting my ionice command passed?  This is something I
wished I could do for a long time is not waste the CPU cycles
commflagging newscasts or sporting events.  Anyway, this is what I found:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythcommflag-wrapper

I'd appreciate a nudge to get me on track.

Thanks,

Drew

--
Like card tricks?