[mythtv-users] Losslesscut error

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Sat May 11 11:09:56 UTC 2013

On 13-05-10 07:42 PM, Nick Rout wrote:
> Could this be a python-lxml problem. Doug's wiki page says:
> "lxml v2.7.2 or higher (identical to the MythTV python requirements)"
> precise installs python-lxml 2.3.2, which seems to match
> libmyth-python's requirements, according ubuntu packaging anyway.
Nick,
     Sorry I am distracted trying to finish some other projects before I
return to some of my MythTV project maintenance.

First you are right that the you must use a lxml version 2.7.2 or later.
I am not sosure why a "sys.stderr.write" functioncan trip an abort
though. I did a few local tests and so not see anything that would cause
the error trace from your email.

Try upgrading lxml, then see what happens. The need for that version of
lxml was due to a recommendation from that library's maintainers and
instabilities with earlier versionswith some of the library's functionality.

Doug