[mythtv-users] Unlocking Technologies Act

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Fri May 10 18:01:55 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 12:51:55PM -0400, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> [...]

     So then cable card decryption becomes legal and commonplace along side
all of the other forms of decryption that are already quite common but are
now only spoken of in whispers. The current blessed devices show a clear and
obvious legitimate use for all of those icky hacked decoders.

     Silicon Dust would likely not be the ones to sell a more widely compatible
device. They don't need to. Someone else will because DRM tends to be annoying
and trouble prone even if you are using a blessed and supported configuration.