[mythtv-users] HowTo tune MySQL for schedule time and in general?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri May 10 16:21:11 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 4:06 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> Yeah.  Disabling barriers is only something I'd recommend as a possibility
> if you had a "dedicated" tmp file system.

Or move /tmp to be a tmpfs file system (if you have sufficient real memory
or configured appropriate swap).  Some distros are moving there, some
already have, and some may never do so.  I do recall that using tmpfs
with MySQL and specifying a (non-standard) disk write option generated
a warning message, but that was some time ago, and may no longer
apply.

Gary