[mythtv-users] Freeview HD (DVB-T2) Multiplex

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu May 9 14:05:57 UTC 2013

On 09/05/13 14:24, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 09/05/13 14:13, Mike Perkins wrote:

>>> I don't know how much of your difficulty is likely to be specific to
>>> your
>>> device;  I put a 'works for me' procedure here:
>>>
>>> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10217#comment:15
>>>
>> You didn't read the question. He says above:
>>
>> "whenever I scan for channels I do not see the DVB-T2 multiplex"
>>
>> I am suffering the same problem recently, with my local DVB-T2
>> multiplex. Different transmitter (Hannington), different tuner (PCTV
>> 290e). Something has changed?
>>
> I read the question.  I saw no dvb-t2 mux _until_ I specified qam-256
> and 8 Mhz, and the transmitter frequency as found from the web.
>
> You didn't read the answer.

But I should perhaps add that I would find my procedure difficult to put
into effect now.  Support for the 290e doesn't come in the rhel6-clone
kernels;  initially I used the linuxtv media_build script to get it, and
then ATrpms provided it in v4l packages based on linuxtv as of Nov 2011.

Recently I haven't been able to get the media_build script to run to
completion, and the ATrpms packages apply only to an obsolete kernel.
So at present I don't have an HD capability on the laptop.  It would
probably be OK on the Fedora 17 box, but mythtvsetup had difficulties in
recognising another, SD, dvb device under the current kernel and I
haven't tried the 290e yet.