[mythtv-users] AirPlay / AirTunes audio stuttering on 0.26

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon May 6 00:23:37 UTC 2013

Hi

On 6 May 2013 08:27, Khanh Tran <khanh at khanh.net> wrote:

> Hello all, I just upgraded to 0.26 and it went seamlessly so far.  I am
> having a problem with audio stuttering when sending AirTunes to a frontend.
>  I was using shairport (and still can) without issue.  Whenever I send a
> stream to the frontend, I get what looks like a lot of missed packet errors
> in the log.  I don't have this issue with shairport and just some quick
> testing of YouTube videos from an iOS device results in perfect video/audio
> streaming!

There are two things: AirPlay video (like when using YouTube) and AirPlay
audio (previously called AirTunes). They have nothing in common. So that
AirPlay (youtube) works for you means 0 when it comes to playing audio only
(like what Shairport does)

You need to provide more information: which platform you are using (mac,
linux, windows). Which version of Qt was myth compiled with...

e.g. provide a full log with -v audio,playback --loglevel debug

And don't trim anything, you remove information that matters.

You should also play the file using Shairport, increasing the verbosity to
a maximum so we can see what's going on there. If packets aren't
transmitted using myth's airplay, it's likely the issue occurs with
shairport too ; except that shairport can recover while myth here doesn't.

There was an issue with some version of Qt on mac ..

So until you provide those data, no one can tell what's going on exactly.