[mythtv-users] Hauppage Nova-TD (USB) warm start problem

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sun May 5 16:59:24 UTC 2013

On 05/05/13 14:30, Simon Waldman wrote:
> On 5 May 2013 14:09, Simon Waldman <lists at firecloud.org.uk> wrote:
>

>> So the problem is not with the first attempt to tune after a warm start -
>> the problem is with the first attempt to tune *by Mythbackend* after
>> mythbackend starts, *unless* it immediately follows a cold start.
>>

> Sorry, that's not quite accurate.
> It is the first attempt to tune by Mythbackend after Mythbackend starts, if
> the last boot was a warm boot.
> (if the last boot was a cold boot, everything works fine)

That shouldn't be too difficult to find (but I don't know the code). After a
cold boot/firmware load, the tuner is in a known initialized state. After a warm
boot, the tuner is in whatever state the most recent access (of the previous
boot) left it.

That implies that some kind of reset operation, on startup my mythbackend,
should clear it down to a known state.

--

Mike Perkins