[mythtv-users] VAAPI on mythtv-0.26

Robert Dege livemotion at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 14:34:59 UTC 2013

How do you configure it to use libvaapi and opengl?  I have the Painter set
to OpenGL, and am using the VAAPI profile, but the test videos are not
running correctly.

Standard Definition will not run under VAAPI.  I get .5 second of Audio
with a blank screen.  I can play it using OpenGL, and my CPU usage ranges
from 30% - 125%, varying on OpenGL quality.

High Definition does work, but uses huge amounts of cpu.  VAAPI uses about
200% CPU, and OpenGL Slim consumes about 160%.

The intel drivers and libvaapi packages on my system are outdated (Oct
2012), There are newer drivers on the website.  Should I manually update
the software packages, or is there something else I should try before that?

-Rob