[mythtv-users] Problems with automatic shutdown/restart

Joel Newcomb joelnewcomb at verizon.net
Sat Mar 30 16:56:17 UTC 2013

On 03/30/2013 08:03 AM, David Knight wrote:
> could never get it to work correctly.
Just to add my experiences earlier this year, I to had a perfectly
functioning 0.24 shutdown/wakeup and moved to 0.26. With the help of the
list I had to add one more item to my sudoer file with visudo in
Mythbuntu. I did not call it, but mythbackend.log showed me it was
needed before everything could work.
%mythtv ALL = NOPASSWD: /sbin/shutdown, /usr/local/bin/setwakeup.sh,
/usr/local/bin/mythshutdown, /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm
Last part is probably not needed, but it is working, don't fix it. Also
note I used different path to my scripts than the Wiki.
Hope you figure it out, it is really cool when it all works.

--
Joel Newcomb
joelnewcomb at verizon.net