[mythtv-users] Metadata tvdb id lookup in recording rules screen

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Sat Mar 30 04:53:52 UTC 2013

I upgraded to 0.26 tonight and have been doing some general TLC of my setup
and discovered that some of my shows weren't getting metadata from tvdb.
 So I did some research how to correct them.

According to
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Enhancing_Recordings_with_Metadata_Lookup, and
hinted at in this patch that was included in 0.26
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10383, entering the "Metadata Options"
screen of a recording rule should trigger a query and prompt the user to
select the appropriate tvdb result for that rule... at least on some themes.

I have tried every theme available, and none do this.  I assume the feature
wasn't cut since the patch I referenced was explicitly for this feature.
 So I'm completely lost as to how to make this work.

Is there a setting somewhere that enables this?  I know I can manually
enter the tvdb reference number... but it would be nice to not need to have
my laptop handy if/when I do this in the future.