[mythtv-users] ACPI Wakeup

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 03:42:23 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 3:40 PM, Torsten Martinsen
<torsten at bullestock.net> wrote:

> I'm trying to get ACPI wakeup working on an ASRock K8NF6G-VSTA box, but with
> no success yet:
>
> - Setting the wakeup time manually in the BIOS setting does work.

snip...

> - I have tried both with RTC wakeup enabled and disabled in the BIOS.
> - I have tried both normal shutdown (shutdown -h) and poweroff -f.

Torsten,

You did not mention whether you were enabling the RTC interrupt in
/proc/acpi/wakeup.  If not, that also is necessary.  You can also
"cat" it to see what the interrupt options are and their current
state.  On my system, the one relevant to this issue is MMAC.

> cat /proc/acpi/wakeup | egrep MMAC
MMAC    S5    enabled    pci:0000:00:0a.0

This shows that it supports interrupts from state S5 (or less -- S4,
S3,...) and is enabled.  To toggle its state on or off, echo the
option to the same file, thus:

> echo MMAC > /proc/acpi/wakeup

will disable it.  Doing this again will enable it.  This has to be
re-enabled each time the system is brought up, no matter whether it
was awakened from hibernation or a full shutdown.  I created a script
in /etc/init.d to handle this and added the appropriate links in
/etc/rc[2-5].d to point to the script.

Hope this helps you.

Craig.