[mythtv-users] Problems with 290e DVB-T2 stick

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Fri Mar 29 00:20:36 UTC 2013

On 28/03/2013 20:35, Jksj wrote:
> On 28/03/13 11:36, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>> Just bought one of these, plugged it in, and a new adapter
>> has appeared in /dev/dvb, but in mythtvsetup under "Capture Card Setup"
>> I see under "Frontend ID:" the message
>> "Could not get card info for card /dev/dvb/adpatSubtype: Unknown error"
>>
>> Any ideas? Is there firmware I need for this stick, maybe?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>     Paul.
> I have two of these working perfectly on Ubuntu 12.04 kernel 3.2.. and
> 13:10 kernel 3.8.
> However to get it to work on kernels above 3.2  -
> You have to use dvb-fe-tools to configure the adaptor before the backend
> runs.
> Mythtv currently does not support the new API for Multi-standard DVB
> frontend support
> You have to select DVBT rather than DVBC using dvb-fe-tools in
>
>   dvb-fe-tools --adapter=1 --frontend=0 --set-delsys=DVBT
> See the following post:-
> http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2012-May/333093.html
> dvb-fe-tools has to be run as part of the backend startup script.

That would fit well with one thing I've noticed. On my working system
with the 3.1 kernel the adapter presents two frontends, one for DVBT
and one for DVBC, whereas on the non-working system, there is only
one frontend.

Bad news is, though, it didn't work. Still can't get a lock. Should
I maybe retune also?

P.