[mythtv-users] Blank Zero Length Recording - Oh how I miss you.......

cats22 at comcast.net cats22 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 28 22:14:16 UTC 2013

On 03/26/2013 01:38 AM, boehm100 at comcast.net wrote:
> Yep I actually miss blank zero length recordings.  Why?  I new what they were.  They notified me when Comcast got frisky and suffles the channel line up for no apparent reason.  Now I get no notification other than my show go MISSING Missing missing.  I don't tend to monitor my up coming recordings close enough to notice things go missing until a quarter of the series has passes.  Major bummer!!
>
> Is there notification that I'm not seeing?  An email address field I forgot to enter?  Pop up warnings I disabled?

I have a script that does this by reading the database looking for filesize < 1000 (that includes filesize 0). It emails me and sends me a text message if it finds any failed recordings. The script  runs from the shutd own script every time the backend is ready to shut down.

http://code.google.com/p/mythtv-scripts/source/browse/trunk/install/opt/mythtv/bin/notifyfailed.sh

Peter