[mythtv-users] HDHR glitches and MythTV

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Thu Mar 28 08:48:39 UTC 2013

2013/3/28 Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 1:33 AM, glen <glenb at glenb.us> wrote:
> [snip]
>>> HDHomeRun Dual Firmware:
>>> * Fix performance issue related to rapid updates to PID filtering.
>>> Fixes video glitching on some channels in MythTV.
>>> nickk
>
> I have a Dual for OTA. I've only done a beta release once before on
> the suggestion of a tech. Just curious if there's any specific
> "glitching" I can look out for that would justify me trying this out
> or waiting.

Yep, this firmware fixes a specific issue which I've been working with
Silicondust over the past few days to identify. The issue was
introduced in firmware 20120424beta1 and all firmwares up to and
including 20130323beta1 has the issue. If you're running firmware
20120405 (or older) or if the integrated HDHR-support in MythTV works
fine for you, then you'll have no benefit of upgrading.

If you have been unable to use the integrated HDHR-support in MythTV,
and are using the kernel drivers with your HDHR configured as a
regular tuner in MythTV, this firmware update is for you.

Best regards
Kenni