[mythtv-users] MythTV with MariaDB

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Wed Mar 27 15:57:32 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-27, at 7:19 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Well, once we have an embedded DB, you won't "use" MySQL

I think the point was why waste machine resources on a duplicate implementation of the rows and columns paradigm?

One answer might be that myth is dependant on some arcane feature of mysql and that's fair enough.

As a curious question I might also ask if there's going to be a disruptive change why not move to being db-neutral rather than hiding things.

- George