[mythtv-users] update failed now fe crashes

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 02:30:23 UTC 2013

On 03/26/2013 09:02 PM, Andrew Potter wrote:
 >> 2013-03-27 12:22:16.434967 I Last hardware profile update was > 30 days
> ago, update required...
>
> To make sure it's not the profile update, try this:
>
>       mythfrontend.real -v system -O
> HardwareProfileLastUpdated='2013-03-26T00:00:00Z'
>
> However, I'd expect the screen to draw after 2 minutes even without the
> above.

 > That worked the screen did finish loading.

The command that failed should have printed when you
used -v system. If you run it, I suspect you'll see a 502
proxy error. It was happening about a week+ ago too.

You could *temporarily* move the python script to
a new name and then replace it with a link to
/bin/true.

That will allow the timestamp to get updated to
today's date. Hopefully the server will be back
up and running 30 days from now.

Remove the link and restore the python script to its
original name.

As to the follow-up that you wrote while I was writing the
above, I'm afraid I can't help because I don't have that
wrapper script to mythfrontend.real.

It would appear from your earlier post that the script is
clobbered:

 > /usr/bin/mythfrontend: 41: /usr/bin/mythfrontend: Syntax error: "done"
 > unexpected

So running it manually or from the desktop menu is sure to fail.

I'm confused about mythfrontend.real not running from the command line. Because
you said earlier that the screen did finish loading.  In any case
for that problem, I'd put a full log in a pastebin and put a link
to the pastebin here. The override (-O) I suggested earlier doesn't
change anything in your database and it's only good for that run
of the frontend.

--
Bill