[mythtv-users] MythTV with MariaDB

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 13:06:08 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 3:55 AM, Kevon <mythtv at reidsresidence.com> wrote:
> Gary,
> Thanks for the pointers. I have not yet switch mysql to InnoDB. All my
> databases were created before the default switch to InnoDB (5.5 I
> think). I never had a problem with MyISAM so didn't see the need to
> switch. Do I need to switch over to InnoDB before installing MariaDB?

No, but depending on when you installed your databases, you may
have been running InnoDB tables (MythTV changed the creation to
explicitly select MyISAM at one point, but depending on when you
installed, upgraded, rebuilt, whatever, you may have had InnoDB
tables; and I think the mythweather plugin depends on features
that require an engine more advanced than MyISAM).