[mythtv-users] BBC Two HD - tv_grab_uk_rt

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 12:16:35 UTC 2013

On 20 March 2013 15:13, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 20 March 2013 14:53, Tim Phipps <phipps-hutton at sky.com> wrote:
> > Quoting Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>:
> >>

> >> I've just added support for BBC Two HD to the uk_rt grabber, providing
> >> HD-flagged versions of the BBC Two England listings.
> >>
> >> Per the announcement on xmltv-users, the new XMLTV ID for this channel
> >> is hd.bbc2.bbc.co.uk
> >

> > Any idea what is going to be broadcast from the Welsh transmitters? I'd
> love
> > to use the mighty Mendip transmitter but unfortunately there's a 150m
> high
> > lump of Mendip in the way so I'm stuck with Wenvoe.
>
> As I understand it, BBC Two HD is (initially) a single UK-wide
> service, so all transmitters will broadcast the same content.
>
> I intend to rejig the BBC One HD support in tv_grab_uk_rt now that
> national variants are available, so watch the xmltv-users list for
> details of that.
>
> Cheers,
> Nick

Maybe a stupid question on this, these updates to the grabber, how do myth
users normally get a copy of the updated scripts?  Do they come in via
mythtv updates, or manually updating xmltv?  Or just copying over the new
grabber code?

I don't recall doing it before and don't think I have had any issues.
Going to try and getting this updated on the 26th alongside the mythupchuk
script.

Cheers

Martin