[mythtv-users] Mythccextractor does not create a .srt file

Trond Nystuen trond_nystuen at yahoo.no
Tue Mar 19 15:23:42 UTC 2013

On 19/03/13 11:22, Raymond Wagner wrote:

> [...]

Does that mean the images are transferred in the stream, so there are no other way I can get the subtitles?

What I am trying to achieve is to use Lossless_Cut (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Lossless_Cut) to copy recordings to video, using a cut list.

Lossless_Cut is supposed to use either ccextractor or mythccextractor. None of them seemed to work, and I started testing outside Lossless_Cut.

This is what ccextractor shows me, the result is an empty test.srt:

trondn at debmyth:~$ ccextractor -teletext ./1060_20130316153000.mpg -o test.srt
CCExtractor 0.65, Carlos Fernandez Sanz, Volker Quetschke.
Teletext portions taken from Petr Kutalek's telxcc
Input: ./1060_20130316153000.mpg
[Raw Mode: Broadcast] [Extract: 1] [Stream mode: Autodetect]
[Program : Auto ] [Hauppage mode: No] [Use MythTV code: Auto]
[Timing mode: Auto] [Debug: No] [Buffer input: No]
[Use pic_order_cnt_lsb for H.264: No] [Print CC decoder traces: No]
[Target format: .srt] [Encoding: Latin-1] [Delay: 0] [Trim lines: No]
[Add font color data: Yes] [Add font typesetting: Yes]
[Convert case: No] [Video-edit join: No]
[Extraction start time: not set (from start)]
[Extraction end time: not set (to end)]
[Live stream: No] [Clock frequency: 90000]
Teletext page: Autodetect]
Start credits text: [None]
Creating test.srt

Opening file: ./1060_20130316153000.mpg
File seems to be a transport stream, enabling TS mode
Analyzing data in general mode
No supported stream with caption data found - reject!

New PID found: 1057 (H.264 video), belongs to program: 1

New PID found: 4145 (AC3 audio), belongs to program: 1

New PID found: 6527, program number still unknown

New PID found: 6510, program number still unknown

New PID found: 6509, program number still unknown
empty

Number of NAL_type_7: 0
Number of VCL_HRD: 0
Number of NAL HRD: 0
Number of jump-in-frames: 0
Number of num_unexpected_sei_length: 0

Total frames time:      00:00:00:000  (0 frames at 29.97fps)
Done, processing time = 11 seconds
Performance (real length/process time) = 0.00
Teletext decoder: 0 packets processed, 0 SRT frames written.
This is beta software. Report issues to cfsmp3 at gmail...

--

The PID's 6527, 6510 and 6509 may be the subtitles (in some form) then?

Trond