[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu's kill/restart irexec command kills but no longer restarts until pressed again

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 16:15:04 UTC 2013

I think that's the first time my subject pretty much summed up my
whole issue. :-)

Mythbuntu's kill/restart irexec command kills but no longer restarts
until pressed again.

That is, the power/clear combo that kills mythfrontend and restarts
it, now just kills it. If I hit the combo again, it finally restarts.

The command hasn't changed. Any idea why it would take two usages now
instead of one?

Here's the command that's sent:

(kill $(pgrep mythfrontend) || true) && mythfrontend --service &