[mythtv-users] Anyone with experience with Rogers Digital Cable in the Ottawa area?

Erik Sejr esejr at wildroseinternet.ca
Sun Mar 17 16:04:26 UTC 2013

Hello,
I recently moved to the Ottawa area and was looking at getting Rogers
digital cable. My previous digital cable provider did not disable the
firewire port not disabled the component outputs under any circumstances
(as far as I could tell).

As a result I was setup with firewire being used only to change the
channel and an HD-PVR used for recording.

My questions then are:

1. Does rogers in this area disable the firewire port to the degree it
cannot be used to control the reciever.
    A. If so, do you know if exceptions can be made?
    B. If no exceptions, what have folks in the area been using for
control (IR Blaster etc...)?

2. Does rogers disable the component outputs for specific channels/programs?
    A. If so, do you know which ones? (even a partial list is OK)

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!
Erik