[mythtv-users] Trying to get UK silence detect Commflagging to work

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Sat Mar 16 14:52:01 UTC 2013

On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 06:59:35 -0000, Anthony Giggins
<seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:

> On 16 March 2013 00:10, Roger Siddons <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com> wrote:

<snip>

>> However, it's all a bit dated now - I've managed to solve the python
>> niggles and will shortly be putting up v3, which removes the need >>for
>> any headers. So I advise anyone thinking of trying it now to wait a few
>> days for that.
>>
>> Sorry for the confusion. With hindsight I should have indicated that
>> versions 1 & 2 were 'pre-releases' of a work-in-progress..

<snip>

>however looks like the Makefile is hardcoded to 0.26
>
> Seems to compile if I change
> LIBS = -lsndfile -lQtCore -lmythbase-0.25 -lmyth-0.25
>
> will do some further testing to confirm compatibiliy as you may be able
> to change the make file to detect the mythtv version in your next
> >update. also maybe guthub would be a better place to store the code
> rather than the wiki?

Yes, the Makefile will always vary according to the user's version, build
environment, library locations etc. The wiki one is a starting point/
example that worked for me.

However, having to build against Myth isn't desirable and has always been
an ugly hack. Version 3 (due this w/end hopefully) routes the player
communication through the Python API and so the Makefile will only depend
on libsndfile. It should then be compatible with any Myth version that
supports Python 2.7.

Traditionally the wiki is the place for 'scripts' and I don't anticipate
any further development after v3. This C++ code actually comes out of a
mythcommflag patch - I do wonder if it could all be done in Python (as a
proper script) but that won't be anytime soon!