[mythtv-users] .25 mythtranscode copy over in .26 failing after upgrade

Rich Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Fri Mar 15 14:50:44 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 1:46 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 1:33 PM, Neil Salstrom <salstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I would love to see both.  With some shows I'd like an unadulterated
>> file with simply the commercials cut but with some programs (the
>> Curious George episodes piling up?) have it lossless cut then
>> handbrake would be great.
>
> That's what my Handbrake user job does (or I guess "did", at this
> point in time). Ran Mythtranscode to cut the commercials then
> Handbrake to shrink the SD content.

Does anybody know offhand what kinds of video the mythtv player will
accept?  I know in the past it was VERY fussy about video format, so
it was very difficult to transcode anything into a format MythTV would
accept without using mythtranscode.

Looking at the various handbrake scripts out there they seem to mainly
just dump the files in some directory, likely to be played by xbmc or
mythvideo, and they don't actually replace the original file, reindex,
and update the database.  I want a solution that integrates with the
regular recording list (so that I can use commercial skip, etc - I
want to watch the shows after they are transcoded so I can't just
assume the cutlist is right and strip them).

I can just experiment I suppose but if anybody has a command line for
handbrake that generates a myth-acceptable video I can use that as a
starting point.  I'm hoping the fact that the internal player is used
by mythvideo means that it is more flexible now.

Rich