[mythtv-users] nvidia color calibration

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Thu Mar 14 18:06:11 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:

> I always start with my GPU set to default values and calibrate using the
> TV controls.  The only time I adjust anything on the card is after I get as
> close as I can on the TV side.
>

> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 1:56 PM, Scott Bickford <bic1ster at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I'm on Mythdora 12.31 using nvidia version 195.  I'm trying to calibrate
>> colors with my GT220.  I'm using videos from here
>> http://www.avsforum.com/t/948496/avs-hd-709-blu-ray-mp4-calibration
>>
>> But I just cannot get the first one with the flash white bars on 17-25 or
>> so to work.  Essentially, I get the white numbers, but no white flashing
>> bars.  I tried the nvidia control panel, but just cannot get the flashing
>> white bars to appear.  I'm able to run this fine on my Playstation 3 and
>> see the white flashing bars fine.
>>
>> Any hints with the nvidia control panel or some other utility to
>> calibrate colors with.

Oops, sorry for the top post.

Just to clearify why you need to start on the TV... if, for example you set
your TV to no saturation (black and white)... no amount of tweaking on the
GPU is going to correct it.  Contrast, brightness, and color settings can
all have a similar effect... the TV is limiting whatever values you change
on the input side.