[mythtv-users] Deleted channel keeps coming back

Tom Harris thom.j.harris at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 06:00:39 UTC 2013

For some reason, I have two versions of Comedy Central HD in my channel
listings: CCHD and CCHDP.  The second one is the correct one, Comedy
Central HD Pacific.  I think my cable company may have switched from CCHD
to CCHDP in the past.

In any case, CCHD should not be there.   It doesn't exist in my schedules
direct channel listing.   I have deleted it with the mythtv-setup channel
editor,which didn't work.  I deleted it in mythweb, which didn't help.  I
even deleted it directly in mysql to no avail.

It just doesn't go away.  I get two channel 745s, and mythtv picks the
wrong one to record from so I'm always getting the wrong program.

Any ideas on how I can kill it so that it stays dead?