[mythtv-users] Music

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Wed Mar 13 22:53:33 UTC 2013

On 13/03/13 20:52, Jeffrey Ratcliffe wrote:
> On 11 March 2013 23:09, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:
>> Do the edits work OK on any of the other mythui screens? What about on the
>> old settings screens that use the qt widgets?
> No, I cannot edit anything in mythui text boxes. I can add text, but
> backspace and delete do not work.
>
> With "Old settings screens", I assume you are talking about, for
> example Video Setting - General Settings, where, yes, I can delete the
> contents.
>
>> Do you have any jump points set to the backspace key?
> I didn't know jump points existed until you mentioned them, so they
> are all set to default.
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff

OK thanks for reporting back.

I'm running out of ideas what might be causing this. It appears that the
backspace keypress isn't getting passed to the edits at least for the
MythUI ones. I was thinking maybe your window manager was grabbing the
keypress but if that was the case I don't think the edits on the old
settings pages would work.  Another possibility is because jump points
take precedence maybe that was the cause if one was set to backspace but
that doesn't sound like it either.

Unfortunately I don't see any logging anywhere that would help diagnose
what's happening so the only way to see what's going on would to add
some additional logging which may be out of the question unless you are
building from source.

One thing you could try is add another keybinding to the BACKSPACE one
and see if that works in the edits. So on the Edit Keys screen find the
Global context and the BACKSPACE action and add a new keybinding that
isn't already in use like Ctrl-B. If you then go to a screen with mythui
edits on it you should be able to erase the text with the new keybinding.

Paul H.