[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.26 AirPlay Problem

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 22:43:11 UTC 2013

On 14 March 2013 01:01, Daniel Di Giacomo <lists at dadigi.com> wrote:
> At 14:32 PM +100 3/13/13, Craig Treleaven wrote:
>>> iTunes 11.02(26) on (Mac OS X 10.8.2) tells me that mythfrondend
>>> (fixes/0.26) v0.26.0-112-g77259c5 (on Mythbuntu 12.04) is not
>>> compatible to this version. It has worked with mythfrontend
>>> (fixes/0.25) before the upgrade.
> ..
>
>> I think you have an older version of myth.  There was a fix 3
>> months ago for compatibility with iTunes 11:
>>
>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/57396ed6cfe4195a6ab4ef1087e233ba66ce402c
>
> So
>>
> this is currently not in 0.26/fixes?
> As I wrote, I use the latest available fixes/0.26 version.
> (And it has worked with iTunes 11 and fixes/0.25 before I've upgraded
> to version 0.26 two days ago.)

The version you provided gives no indication on which version of
mythtv you are using.
mythtv fixes/0.26 current works just fine with iTunes 11.

So provide the right information for us to help diagnose the problem:
that is which version of myth you are using (and not the version of
whatever packaging system you are using)

if using ubuntu, use the mythbuntu repository it has updated packages.

iTunes 11 broke AirPlay functionality and compatibility with mythtv,
this was later fixed as indicated above