[mythtv-users] MythNetvision grabbers needing update

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Wed Mar 13 21:33:10 UTC 2013

On 3/13/13 5:03 PM, Michael A Weber wrote:

> Is there any place either of you can recommend where I can get a
> primer or kick-start so I can experiment and play with these things
> and learn, and then contribute?
You might start with the wiki articles on MythNetvision and its grabbers:

   http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythNetvision
   http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:MythNetvision_Grabber_Scripts

> I also would love a way to get the built-in MythTV browser to work
> with Hulu Plus as well, but that seems near impossible since the
> videos are Flash videos.  Thoughts?
The browser can already use Flash, that's how it's able to handle Hulu
and other media now. To make it work with Plus, I'm guessing you'd have
to have it understand how to login with username and password and
preserve the session while loading the data. I haven't looked at how
Plus handles this, so I have no idea how complex that would be. Please
note that this might also be against the terms of service you agree to
with Plus.