[mythtv-users] MythNetvision grabbers needing update

Robert Siebert trebor_s at web.de
Wed Mar 13 14:31:50 UTC 2013

Am 2013-03-13 14:44, schrieb Dan Wilga:

> After trying (and
failing) to use MythNetvision some time ago, I decided
> to try again
last night. Here's what I found, after much digging and
> debugging:
>

> - thewb.py works fine.
> - comedycentral.py fails, due to 404s. I
assume the search mechanism and
> RSS feed locations have moved within
the site.
> - mtv.py fails, but silently. If you view the XML returned
by their API,
> it says the API being used has been deprecated.
> -
pbs.py complains that there are "No Xslt results" for a whole bunch of

> URLs, even though these URLs do return feeds. Perhaps the script is

> using the wrong DTD or something.
> - hulu.py fails, also due to
404s.

> I have searched trac and master on git, but nobody seems to
be working
> on this plugin. I can't believe nobody has noticed these
problems
> before, though. Did I just miss something, or should I try
to fix the
> scripts myself?

It would be best if you do the changes
and create a ticket in trac. For my opinion it would also be best to
create a pull request in github so the change can be applied from there.

It looks like the mythtv development is stalling, the devs numbers are
shrinking and the remaining ones are very busy. They are purely
concentrating on the tv and recording functionality. no plugin has been
updated in a while.

And unfortunately the devs don't apply many useful
tickets or pull requests from github like xbmc does. Not even a simple
two-liner patch. This really reduces the motivation to contribute. Even
useful mythmusic changes are not cherry-picked from pauls repository.
Sorry for being so naggy, I had to say this.

best regards

Robert S