[mythtv-users] UK Commercial Detection (Clusters)

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Tue Mar 12 11:01:04 UTC 2013

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 23:25:46 -0000, Roger Siddons
<dizygotheca at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> I've put a new version (v2.0) of the cluster script on the wiki
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Commercial_detection_with_silence_for_UK_freeviewHD#Cluster_Detecting_Version
>
> There's a new silence.py, silence.cpp & Makefile; catagrower.cpp is
> unchanged.
>
> It's a re-design that;
>
> - flags adverts shortly after they end
> - fixes segfaults
> - makes use of Myth headers optional
> - has improved Makefile
>
> I've made some progress with the python bindings so v3.0, removing the
> need for headers altogether, shouldn't be far off.

Just in case anyone is struggling to get their jobs running, note that the
wiki command was wrong. I've corrected it now.

You should be using %VERBOSEMODE% rather than %VERBOSELEVEL%. A quirk of
the arg parsing meant that the job would fail silently with the wrong
option.

Apologies to anyone affected.