[mythtv-users] Commercial Detection during recording

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Mon Mar 11 21:48:08 UTC 2013

HI!

On 11.03.2013 20:20, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Far more importantly, on any properly-chosen system (i.e. not severely
> underpowered) it results in significantly less I/O because you're
> constrained by wall clock time, not CPU time.  I.e. you'll be spreading
> the detection of commercials for a 1hr show over 60 minutes of work.

But there is one thing (don't know, if this was mentioned yet), that is
putting a little more stress on the systems during real-time commercial
detection while also watching the same show, as far as I know. At least
this was the case in older MythTV versions.

The backend is informing the frontend about found commercial breaks all
the time. This is not happening when you either watch the recording
later or disable real-time commercial detection.

Thomas