[mythtv-users] Transcoding help please?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Mon Mar 11 18:48:08 UTC 2013

On 11.03.2013 08:25, mythtv . wrote:
> Can someone point me to where there is some up-to-date info on
> Transcoding please.

you can find a bunch of drop in user jobs at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:User_Job_Scripts

> I have never used it before but am always padding out the start and end
> times  to make sure I capture the whole recording (maybe one day we can
>   have Mythtv monitor the EIT and adjust the start/end time according to
> when the program actually starts like my old Topfield used to  :-)  ?).

I'm not sure how well it works (due to data quality) but there is a
patch at http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10101

> Anyway I have put cuts to start and cuts from end and now want to do a
> lossless (or near enough) to remove these cuts and save space.
>
> What settings should I use. Also when I have tested this with a livetv

lets try to fix "the way its meant to work" first :)

> recording it worked fine (just a bit lossy) but when I tried it on a
> Cbbeebies recording then I have the video but no audio!

Can we see the logfile? The part about the PMT when recording from the
baqckend and the part about the audio channels when transcoding from
mythtranscode would be interesting to see if the audio channel did not
get recogniced.
I fixed such a case in
http://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/commit/?id=733d982648a3665e1f36cc1a2f88b2a324d53a57
on master