[mythtv-users] Soundgraph VFD borked after upgrading Ubuntu

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Mon Mar 11 16:31:44 UTC 2013

Hi all, recently I decided to upgrade my frontend with and SSD to speed
up bootup and silence it a bit more.
After this update something changed in I guess the kernel since after
that I get symptoms which look like the up-arrow is constantly pressed
on a keyboard. I was able to determine it was the VFD that's causing
these symptoms, however I don't know how to get rid of it.
When I boot back in the old system which was Ubuntu 12.04 with kernel
3.2.something  everything is ok.
I cannot get that kernel installed in Ubuntu 12.10 and everything that's
3.4 or higher seems to cause these problems.

Did anyone with this VFD experience the same problems? If so, how did
you get them solved?

Thanks in advance,

Jos