[mythtv-users] MythTV UPnP with no router - just a crossover cable

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Mar 11 15:59:19 UTC 2013

Hi:  I would like to set this up for a 'smart' TV in a place with no
internet connection and no network.  The TV manual shows it as a valid
DLNA configuration but gives no details.  MythTV will work with address
127.0.0.1 but it seems that that disables the uPnP server.  My
understanding of all this is somewhat lacking and so far Google hasn't
led to success.  Any suggestions or pointers appreciated.

John P