[mythtv-users] Upgrade from 0.20.2 -> 0.25.2

Robert Dege livemotion at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 15:12:24 UTC 2013

I'm building a new mythtv system.  The old system is a RedHat 9.0 box,
running mythtv 0.20.2, and I'm upgrading to mythbuntu 12.04 running mythtv
0.25.2.

I'm using this guide (
http://www.mythpvr.com/mythtv/tips/migrate-recordings.html) to migrate my
shows and recording history to the new system.  However, I'm running into
import issues (missing columns) due to the difference in age between the
mythtv versions.

I'm wondering if there's a working solution to address the problem, other
than manually adding the columns to the old database (prior to exporting
and importing).  Here are the databases that I'm trying to import, along
with the columns that are missing:

oldrecorded - missing season, episode, inetref, future

recordedmarkup - missing offset, data

recordedprogram - missing audioprop, subtitletype, videoprop

recorded - missing season, episode, inetref, storagegroup, bookmarkupdate

record - missing season, episode, inetref, autometadata, storagegroup,
avg_delay, filter.  Also contains a column that no longer exists - tsdefault

Secondly, the old system mysql database is verions 3.23.54.  Will any
additional conversions need to be done to address the mysql change?  ie:
character encoding, auto_increment, how null is defined, etc.

Thank you

-Rob