[mythtv-users] Little qnap for myth recordings

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 10:23:56 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 3:21 AM, Greg Cope <gregcope at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10 January 2013 20:56, Daniel Frey <dmfrey at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I would not recommend using it to store your recordings as it tends to go
>> to sleep pretty regularly when nothing is occurring (i.e. streaming a
>> movie).  It periodically wakes up.  I think in order to use it for
>> recordings, you would almost want something to access it a minute or so
>> prior to a recording started so it can wake up the drives.
>>

> Thanks Dan.
>
> Is this just a delay issue, or do things timeout and need a tweak?
>
> Greg
>

>> Dan
>>
>> --
>> My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>

Greg,

I have been looking for a way to change the sleep timeout on the unit but
haven't found one as of yet.  I may email their customer support to see if
they can point me in the right direction, if it can be at all.

You are supposed to be able to flash debian onto these boxes.  Might have
more control over it if you do that.  Mine is almost filled at this point
with music, movies and photos, so I am hesitant to change out the os on it
until i get some new drives for it to expand its capacity.

Dan

--
My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>