[mythtv-users] 0.25, zero-size recordings caused by DST?

Robert M. Riches Jr. rm.riches at jacob21819.net
Sun Mar 10 22:58:01 UTC 2013

With the version 0.25-20120418.3.mga2 packages on Mageia 2, all
three items that were supposed to record Friday evening (March 8)
were basically zero length--effectively failed to record.  Two
were based on the off-the-air program guide, and one was a manual
entry.  Also, the red light on the Hauppauge USB tuner was off,
and live TV was not working.  After a restart of mythbackend,
live TV worked, and yesterday evening's two recordings appear to
have been recorded.  I was not able to find a needle in the
haystack of logs that appeared to indicate the cause.

With other/past experiences with MythTV not correctly handling
the transition to DST (recordings off by an hour), I'm wondering
whether the switch to DST last night (just over 24 hours after
the missed/empty recordings) might have been the trigger.  It
seems a little unlikely that a temporary USB tuner outage would
happen so close to a DST transition.

Has anyone else noticed a correlation between DST transitions
and missed/empty recordings?

Thanks,

Robert