[mythtv-users] Updated script for editing recordings

Michael Stucky mike at stucky.us
Fri Mar 8 22:26:06 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 5:02 PM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:

> On 04/03/13 13:05, John Pilkington wrote:
>
>> For several years I've been using Mythcutprojectx to process my
>> recordings from dvb-t, and I've used Mythpycutter less often for
>> recordings from dvb-t2.
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/**Mythcutprojectx<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythcutprojectx>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/**Mythpycutter<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythpycutter>
>>
>> I now have an updated script that works with 0.25-fixes and 0.26-fixes
>> for both dvb-t and dvb-t2.  It provides more info about what it has done
>> and, although restricted to cutting at keyframes, usually cuts where I
>> would like it to.  It might well be useful for other formats, at least
>> for removing pre-and-post run.
>>
>> The user interface is largely unchanged; I use it from the keyboard.
>>
>> I am minded to remove both the above wiki entries and create another. Is
>> that in line with current policy?  And if so, where?
>>

> I've put the two files, MythDVBcut.sh and pycut.py, here:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/**MythDVBcut<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythDVBcut>
>
> Project-X will usually be needed.  There's a link to the latest tarball.
>
> I hope they'll be useful - perhaps for non-DVB too.
>

> John P

This works well for SD content, I like the improved cutlist creation logic.
But, as with mythcutprojectx, the script fails on HD content (HDHR tuner).
'mplex' gives about a dozen  "++ WARN: [mplex] Stream e0: data will arrive
too late ..." and then "**ERROR: [mplex] Too many frame drops -exiting".

Mike